Thursday, December 21, 2006

is my dad supposed to sound more like a teenager than I do?

Situation: Dad and I are watching the X-Files episode "Eve". Scully is rounding the corner of a semitrailer with her gun held out.

Dad-who-likes-the-color-purple: "What, you're going to shoot a pair of eight-year-olds? Get real, Scully!"

Me-who-likes-the-color-blue-and-is-telling-you-about-it: (thinking) 'And he sometimes complains about me doing comentary!'


"Get real" seems like an oddly teenagerish thing to say to me. But how can I know, I've had very limited contact with the species.

No comments:

Where are YOU coming from?

The meek are too meek to inherit

It's Raining Cats and Frogs
And the geek shall inherit the earth.
The GEEK, I said!
Are you hard of hearing or something? The GEEK!

I am a geek.