Okay. Christmas has come, and gone. That makes today...
(drum roll please)
Following in the tradition of The Anti-Christmas, the Anti-Boxing Day. Randomness. That.
Chatting with Mom and I's friend, Mr. P:
Mr. P.: Monkeys?
Mr. P.: Really?
Me: Monkeys, indeedilly deedilly deed.
Mr. P.: Ok, I guess it is monkeys, I'm finding motorcycle parts online
Mr. P.: I'm a little busy now, I'll banana you later, OK?
Me: Bannanas for the ilusionist flamingos with aqua-lungs in the hermite and steel alloy box with the cork on top filled with water for the champange. Okay.
Mr. P.: BFN
Mr. P.: Bye For Now
Me: Thanks. You get an honorary Bannanaa!!
Me: Actually I think I'll have the bannanaa, give me that bannanaa!
"Age is a subject of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
"Wait until I have finished my problem!"
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."
All that is all well and good, you say, but I want to hear about your Christmas, you ask? Well, I'm flattered, I have to say. So:
- The night of Christmas Eve we got home late but not late enough to stop me from writing a letter to Santa (call me stupid - I belive.), prepping a plate of cookies and scattering oats for the reindeer which they didn't eat.
- I woke up (and consequently woke Mom up) at five in the morning, but she managed to convince me to sleep until six forty-seven. I know because I looked at the clock.
- I got mostly books which I will review in time and some other notable stuff, in no particular order:
- A set of portable speaker-things that have an exclusive plugin for iPod Shuffles (I like their slogan, to tell you the truth; its rather clever: "shuffle off this mortal coil" XD)
- A hollow milk chocolate reindeer
- A pocket knife
- A silver bracelet that says "IMAGINE," which prompted several random belting outs of "Imagine all the people,
Living for today...
You may say, I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you will join us
And the world will live as one"
- A set of sweatpants and a jacket, the pants of which are too big for me, the jacket of which fits.
- Uncle John's Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader ("YOU are getting very, very CURIOUS")
- A huge tootsie roll
- An insulated lunch thing
- And for the rest of the books? Well:
- Fly By Night by Frances Hardinge
- Diary of a Young Girl (by Anne Frank)
- The End by Lemony Snicket
- Ptolemy's Gate by Jonothan Stroud
- And others.
- The Gothic Archies' performance of "The Tragic Treasury"
- The original soundtrack to "The Princess Diaries"
- We were going to drive out to someone's house for open house because Mr. P. wanted to say Hi but the house was... closed.
- We went back to Mrs. V-G's house, where Mr. P. is staying, and then we went to Someone Else's house for a party in which the kids (and me - I was the oldest >:D) started up a merry and not-quite-good game of...
HIT EACHOTHER WITH [BADLY THROWN IN MOST CASES], FLIMSY, HOLLOW PLASTIC CROQUET BALLS... I think.
- After that party, we went to Mr and Mrs. M's house for the real Christmas party.